Online shopping and daily shipments have become customary for countless people. You appreciate the convenience of having packages left right at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those parcels sitting in the open are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a significant problem, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are great tools to dissuade package theft, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’re sure to become an integral aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Erie video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide an array of innovative features, and the technology keeps improving. You can now customize detection zones, talk to individuals in front of your door, and obtain immediate alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The simplest way to see how a Erie video doorbell camera works is to look at the many advantages it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of people at your door and packages on the walkway below. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution images no matter the hour: What’s the purpose of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? The best models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You are able to get instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is someone waiting at your front door? Reciprocal audio lets you find out what they want. You could even utilize this helpful feature to scare off people lurking around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will let you minimize false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the option to view live and saved video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you can interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even let you communicate with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.