Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Erie smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total control of your Erie home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Erie do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or recorded footage from your integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Erie by implementing schedules or creating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Erie
Even though various users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add another user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, select email or phone and submit the details to send an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, press users, pick the user you would like to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Erie smart home. Call (814) 992-4902 to learn more.